A UNIQUE RUSTIC WEDDING VENUE
Are you looking for a unique, rustic wedding venue? Then have a look at what we offer.
Hedge Farm, a privately owned 20-acre property, is located in the beautiful country-side of Macedon ranges – half way between Woodend and Kyneton. First settled in the 1830’s it was once known as Rockhill.
Today, the farm is available for hire for intimate weddings, receptions, private functions, and other events.
The reception areas are surrounded by lush green gardens. Many couples choose to have their wedding ceremony in the main garden, which changes from season to season.
Spring time, which spans from September to November is a beautiful time of the year in Macedon Ranges. The weather over these months is still cold. Ceremonies in the gardens are appealing as flowers and buds emerge.
The summer months from December to February is the most popular time for outdoor weddings with warm to hot days and balmy summer evenings.
Autumn is a particularly gorgeous season with the trees changing from green to stunning golds, reds and oranges.
Garden wedding packages include guest seating, signing table and arbor.
LITTLE CHAPEL GALLERY
In cooler months and times of inclement weather the Little Chapel Gallery can seat up to 80 guests. This space can be styled to suit individual needs.
THE OLD BARN AND ROCKHILL STABLES
For the reception couples have the option of The Old Barn or Rockhill Stables. (No need for marquees).
The Old Barn is better suited to more intimate weddings with seating for up to 40 guests and up to 70 cocktail style. With stone fire-place and rustic timber beams it is also ideal for winter weddings.
Rockhill Stables is over 100 years old and was used to house Clydesdale horses when Hedge Farm was an expansive property. It has recently been refurbished to seat up to 90 guests (without a dance floor) and smaller numbers with a dance floor. For cocktail style (or more casual) gatherings the stables can accommodate up to 100.
Both spaces have their own fully stocked bar.
HEDGE FARM’S UNIQUE WEDDING VENUE
- Just one hour north west from Melbourne in Macedon Ranges, Central Victoria. (Closer to Melbourne’s Western Suburbs).
- Perfect for weddings from 2 to 100 people – Elopements and Intimate ‘No Fuss’ wedding packages, as well as our very own Ceremony and Reception packages.
- Unique small barn wedding venue near Kyneton, Woodend, Romsey, Gisborne, Lancefield and Daylesford.
- Fully staffed for beverage service and to assist with managing your wedding day.
- You can bring in your own food truck or caterer.
- Car parking on site.
- Available for hire for afternoons or evenings
- A fully licensed and staffed premises (no BYO beverages).
- Venue closes at 11 pm.
- The main cottage – Merino Station is perfect for our wedding couple on their wedding night.
- For ceremony and reception packages you can organise your own caterer or food truck (must be a licensed food provider). For the “No Fuss” wedding package we can offer grazing table and/or wood fired pizzas (see below).
- Two rustic farm style buildings – The Old Barn & Bar and our newly refurbished Rockhill Stables & Bar
- Lush green gardens and courtyard
- Warm, intimate and personalised approach
- Specialising in elopements, intimate weddings, garden weddings, barn weddings, as well as customised ceremony and reception options
CEREMONY AND RECEPTION PACKAGE
Venue hire pricing starts at $4,050 (incl GST) + beverage + food.
It’s your day and our package gives you seven hours exclusive use of our venue. For the ceremony you can choose our country style garden for a beautiful natural back drop OR a paddock setting under the gum tree OR opt to marry in our Little Chapel Gallery.
The Old Barn and courtyard is perfect for an indoor-outdoor reception. The Old Barn has rustic timber walls and stone fireplace offering a comforting feeling of ‘times gone by’. Guests can sit under the shade of the spreading plane tree or relax in the character filled barn. The barn-style bar is usually the space where guests gather.
The newly refurbished Rockhill Stable offers a larger space and can formally seat up to 80 people and 100 people cocktail style. The stables also has its own bar. Numbers are less with a dance floor. Hedge Farm can be booked for ceremony and reception for 30 (minimum) to 100 (maximum) people, including the wedding party.
You can get really involved with your own styling or we can help organise your day to make it stress free.
Hedge Farm has inspired many couples and we have seen boho, vintage, country style, contemporary elegant, casual and traditional weddings.
‘NO FUSS” WEDDING PACKAGE
Pricing – Starts at $3600 (incl GST) plus beverage plus food
This option is for couples who want a beautiful day with close family and friends but don’t want to spend huge on catering or beverage packages. May be your focus is saving money for your dream honeymoon or for your first home purchase. *If so then ask for more details.
- Six hours exclusive use of venue
- For 20 to 40 people (including wedding party)
- Ceremony and reception in the space of your choice – garden or The Little Chapel Gallery.
- Reception with celebratory drinks (bar tab or ‘pay as you go’) and option of grazing table or wood fired pizzas or both.
- Choose to have your reception indoors or outdoors. The Old Barn and Bar for smaller groups and Rockhill Stables and Bar for larger groups.
- Use of the venue for photo shoot.
- Option to book our cottage – Merino Station.
Pricing – $1800 (incl GST)
For couples who want a quick, casual yet intimate wedding, our elopement package is the answer. An elopement at Hedge Farm provides exclusive use of our venue for 60 minutes and allows 10 people – the couple marrying, and 8 guests. This gives you time for the ceremony and a glass of bubbles afterwards.
You will have exclusive use of Hedge Farm and can choose the location of your ceremony – our garden, gallery chapel, barn or stable– are some of our ceremonial sites. In colder weather we recommend an indoor space.
As required by law, a Notice of Intended Marriage must be completed and provided to the celebrant at least one month before the marriage ceremony. A six-week time frame is preferred.
- Venue Hire
- Celebrant – we do all organising and booking
- Set up of area of your choice
- Post Ceremony Glass of Champagne for you and your guests
- Use of the venue for photo shoot, if you choose to have a photographer (we can also make recommendations for photographers, if needed).
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
SEND US A MESSAGE