Glamping in our Sleepers Van
The Sleepers Van is a one-room van (3 x 7 metres). Once a railway worker’s van it was originally designed to sleep and house workers who repaired railway tracks around Victoria. It is now fitted out with modern amenities – luxurious linen and electric blanket, electric heating, flat screen TV and DVD, microwave and other kitchen equipment. *No fuel or wood fired heating available in this van. Shower and toilet facilities are in separate buildings – a short walk from the van.
The van can accommodate one couple or a single person and is not set up for children.
A bit of history:
For the train enthusiasts – W Class’ vans were used to provide sleeping accommodation for workers who moved from location to location working on various projects. These vans were usually converted from old passenger cars that were beyond their normal lifespan. Our Sleepers Van was originally built in 1901 (as 59 ABAB) and was a first and second class compartment carriage. It was renumbered as carriage 57 AB in 1910. It was written off in 1959 and a section was chopped from the carriage to create 460W (now our Sleepers Van), which is shown in a 1975 photo (by Peter Vincent).
* Due to our focus on events and functions the van is only available on request. If you want to stay at Hedge Farm and have a date in mind, please make an enquiry via email and we will let you know of availability. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following is included in our rates when you book a glamping getaway at Hedge Farm.
- the vans have power but no running water
- full queen size bed, luxury linen, quilt and electric blanket to keep you cosy and warm on cold nights
- bath towels, face towel are supplied
- plates, bowls, cups, cutlery and wine glasses
- refrigerator, microwave, kettle and toaster
- sound dock, flat screen TV
All guests will have access to their private van, BBQ area, and their own toilet and shower facilities (both housed in separate buildings a short walk from the vans).
What you should bring:
Pack your own personal clothing and toiletries, hat, sunscreen, insect spray (we want you to enjoy the outdoors) some food and drink. We also have a bar on site.
We live in a cool climate so in winter-time please bring suitable clothing and gear to keep warm and dry.
For that special escape book one of our unique railway vans. Once experienced you will definitely want to come back.
Glamping Van Rates
Weekday Rates (Monday to Thursday) – $120 per night
Weekend Rates (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) – $140 per night
Minimum 2 nights stay for weekends.
Please enquire for availability.
Notification of arrival time is required. Check in time is between 2pm – 9pm and checkout before 11am.